How to make Kichdo
1. 400 grams wheat
2. 150 grams Toor dal
3. 30 grams Karek
4. 30 grams peanuts
5. 30 grams coconut grated
6. 6 to 8 cashews
7. 50 grams Vaal na dana
8. 50 grams Toovarna lilva
9. 50 grams peas
10. Pinch of saji na phool
11. 1 1/2 tablespoon grapes
12. Taj-laving as needed
13. Jaggery and sugar as per need
14. Ghee as per need
15. 8 to 10 Badam
16. 1/2 Nang Jayfal
17. 1 teaspoon elachi powder
18. Pinch of Kesar
19. 2 tablespoon fried garlic-red chilies
21. 4 whole chilies
22. 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
23. 1 tablespoon green chilies
24. 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
25. 1/4 teaspoon hing
26. 1/4 cup coriander cut into pieces
27. Salt as per taste
Method to make Kichdo
1.Soak whesat grains in water for 6 to 8 hours. Drain water from it later. Pressure cook in cooker or Add water in vessel and add them to boil. If you are using vessel then stir continously.
2. Wash toor dal and add Karek, peanuts and allow to boil. Keep grated coconut aside. If it has green coconut then do not boil. Put it at the end when everything else boils and cook up.
3. Cut Karek into long pieces. Slice coconut in lengthy strips.Cut cashews in small pieces.
4. Cook Vaal na dana, lelva and peas in cooker without whisle. Add bit saji na phool and salt so that it remains green in color.
5. Once wheat cooks well add toor dal mix to it.Mix well. Add cashews and grapes to it. Add taj-laving after proper mash.
6. For sweet kichdo, keep apart some kichdo aside. Add jaggery and sugar and mix well. In a small pan add ghee, 2 to 3 taj, 4 to 5 laving. Boil Badam and slice to thin pieces and add jayfal and elachi to it. Add Kesar water.
7. For spicy kichdo, add salt, garlic, red chilies and bit sugar to it.
8. For seasoning, take some oil add red chilies, mustard seeds, green chilies, turmeric powder, hing and 2 to 3 taj, 4 to 5 laving, coriander. Keep Kichdo bit loosened.