Ingredients for Bhakri
-2 cups whole wheat flour
-4 tablespoons ghee
-1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) or carom seeds (ajwain)
-salt to taste
Method to prepare Bhakri
1. Mix all the ingredients like flour, ghee, cumin seeds and salt in a bowl.
2. Add enough water and knead into a firm dough. Keep aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Divide into 12 to 14 equal portions.Roll out each portion into a 100 mm. (4") diameter round.
4. Roast each round on both sides on a tava till golden brown, putting
light pressure on the bhakhri so that the insides cook evenly.
Serve hot with any vegetable curry of your choice.
Ingredients for Theplaas
1 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup gramflour
1 tsp. red chilli powder
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
salt to taste
4-5 pinches asafoetida
1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
1/2 tsp. sesame seeds
2 tbsp. oil
oil for shallow frying
Method to prepare Theplaas
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Use a little water and knead a soft pliable dough.
2. Divide dough into 9-10 balls, roll each into a 5" round.
Sprinkle flour over chappati while rolling, for ease.
3. Place on a hot griddle, roast and drizzle oil, to shallow fry.
4. Repeat for other side. Repeat for remaining dough.
Serve hot with chunda (refer pickles) or other pickle or curds.
I like very much Theplaa with pickle. But every time taking ready made from shop but now thinking to own homemade Theplaa after reading this one.
You can check out How to prepare Puran Poli