MahashivRatri Special Farali Patis and Farali Vada
For two Servings.
Pre Preparation time- 10 minutes
Preparation time- Twenty to twenty five minutes
For Outer Layer:
1. 1 Cup Ratalu (Purple Yam - Kand-Ratalu) boiled and mashed
2. 1/2 Cup Potato, boiled, peeled and mashed
3. 3 Tablespoons Arra root Flour
4. 1 Tablespoon Green Chili and ginger paste
5. Salt to Taste
For inner Stuffing:
1. 1/4 Cup Grated Coconut
2. 2 Tablespoons Roasted Peanuts, coarasly ground
3. 2 Tablespoons Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), finely chopped
4. 2 Tablespoons Green Chili and ginger paste
5. 1 Tablespoon Sugar
6. 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
7. Salt to Taste
8. 1/2 Cup Arrowroot Flour
9. Oil for Deep Frying
10. 2 Tablespoons chopped Coriander Leaves
11. 1 Pinch Black Pepper Powder
Method For Outer Layer:
1. Take one big bowl,add mashed kand and mashed potato, add Green Chili and ginger paste, salt and arra root powder and mix it well.
2. Divide kand mixture into 8 equal parts and keep aside.
Method For inner Stuffing:
1. In another big bowl mix together coconut, peanut,Green Chili and ginger paste, chopped Coriander Leaves , sugar, lemon juice and salt.
2. Divide into equal parts and keep aside.
Method For Patis:
1. Take Outer Layer Parts and Flattened one of kand mixture in your palm and place one portion of the stuffing in the centre.
2. Bring together the edges to seal stuffing and shape it into ball. Keep aside.
3. Repeat the process and make all patis.
4. Roll each ball in arra root flour until they are covered from all the sides.
5. Heat oil in frying pan on high heat, when oil become hot enough for frying, reduce heat to medium.
6. Gently place kand patis in oil, fry them in group of 3 or 4.
7. Fry till it become golden brown from all sides.
8. Put it on paper napkin. Serve hot with Green chutney .
For two Servings.
Pre Preparation time- Ten minutes
Preparation time- Twenty five minutes
1. 1/2 Cup Rajgira Flour
2. 1/2 Cup Singhara Flour
3. 1/4 Cup Moraiyo Flour (Samo Powder)
4. 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt
5. 2 Tablespoons Green Chilies and ginger paste
6. 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
7. 2 Tablespoons ushed peanuts
8. 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
9. 1 Teaspoon Turmeric Powder
10. 1 Teaspoon Cumin Powder
11. 2 Tablespoon Sugar
12. 1 Tablespoon Oil
13. Salt to Taste
14. Oil for Deep Frying
15. 1 Pinch Black Pepper Powder
1. Take one big bowl, mix together all the ingredients and make dough a bit harder than Regular chapati/Roti dough.
2. Keep it aside for about 1 hour.
3. Divide dough in equal parts, make balls of it.
4. With greased hands pat the balls to make small flat patties.
5. Heat oil in frying Pan on a medium heat.
6. Deep fry the flatten parts until it become golden brown.
7. Put Vada on paper napkin.
8. Serve farali vada hot with Green Chutney or cold with hot cup of tea or Coffee any time.
Also try Farali Bhel and Enjoy Mahashivratri.